VSI OpenVMS V9.0-G Released
VSI has made available OpenVMS V9.0-G for x86. This is the first x86 release of the year, and seventh overall, and it’s another good one with more functionality, VMware support, and a number of improvements. VSI also added five additional EAK testers (approaching 50 in all) and there may be a few more in the coming days.
V9.0-G introduces the following for OpenVMS on x86:
- OpenVMS for x86 can now be run as a VMware guest on ESXi, Fusion, and Workstation Player
- Process dump support (with some restrictions)
- Traceback improvements
- Reserved Memory support
- System Service Intercept (SSI) support
- DECset kit with the CMS, DTM, and ENVMGR tools (Note – this is provided in a PCSI kit instead of VMSINSTALL)
- Updated Linker and ANALYZE cross tools
- BOOTMGR updates
- DECthreads updates
- Cross Tools Updates
More details can be found here.