A high-performance asynchronous messaging library used in distributed or concurrent applications.
ZeroMQ is a high-performance, low latency messaging platform. It provides a message queue, but unlike message-oriented middleware, a ZeroMQ system can run without a dedicated message broker.
- has an easy-to-use API and great documentation
- supports multiple protocols: TCP, PGM (multicast), SCTP, in-process, and TIPC
- is fully distributed
- supports innumerable messaging/IPC patterns/topologies
- runs on numerous platforms
- has language bindings available for just about any language you can think of
- has a build available for OpenVMS
Open source GNU LGPLv3 + a static linking exception