VSI X.25 for OpenVMS enables appropriately configured systems to connect to an X.25 Packet Switched Data Network (PSDN) via an X.25 Relay node on the same Local Area Network (LAN), via a DNA Phase IV X.25 connector node, or directly using a synchronous controller card for Alpha.
The product supports communication via PSDNs conforming to ITU/TSS recommendation X.25 1980, 1984, and 1988, or to international standard ISO 8208. Refer to the SUPPORTED PUBLIC NETWORKS section for the list of supported PSDNs. VSI X.25 V2.1 supports VSI OpenVMS for Integrity and VSI OpenVMS Alpha. VSI X.25 V2.1 for Alpha contains synchronous device drivers and is required when using synchronous communications options.
Note: VSI X.25 for OpenVMS I64 does not support synchronous device drivers and synchronous communications options.
VSI X.25 for OpenVMS software allows the system to:
- Connect to other X.25 implementations using RFC 1613 (also known as XOT) via a TCP/IP wide area network.
- Act as a Gateway Access Protocol (GAP) server for Phase V GAP Clients
- Act as an X.25 Connector system for DECnet-Plus X.25 Access systems.
- Act as a packet-mode DTE connected to a supported PSDN.
- Support ISO 8208 DTE to DTE point-to-point operation.
- Act as a packet-mode DTE connected to a LAN.
- Act as an X.25 Relay node conforming to ISO Technical Report 10029.
- Provide an X.25 sub-network for DECnet-Plus CONS and CLNS operation.
- Provide a DEC-HDLC point-to-point data link for DECnet-Plus CLNS operation.
- Act as a combination of the above, chosen on a per-DTE basis.
Integrity: per active socket.