An integrated development environment that enables you to quickly and easily develop comprehensive applications for OpenVMS system.
VMS IDE provides a set of tools for developing, building, and debugging OpenVMS projects. It is distributed under the MIT license as an extension to the Microsoft Visual Studio Code.
New features are added regularly; some may not be available for all languages yet. See the full list of features and restrictions on the wiki page.
- Source code synchronization between the local machine and the OpenVMS system
- SSH connection to the remote OpenVMS system
- Convenient GUI for managing OpenVMS projects
- Syntax highlighting
- Light-weight IntelliSense (autocomplete, hints and other features)
- Supported languages: C, C++, Fortran, Cobol, Pascal, Basic, Bliss, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Python