OpenLDAP for OpenVMS (client and server)
An open source implementation of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol on OpenVMS.
This port of the OpenLDAP for OpenVMS includes all functionality provided by the open source release, including client and server components, utilities, tools, and sample clients. OpenLDAP for OpenVMS uses LMDB storage only. We provide two different versions of OpenLDAP:
OpenLDAP V2.5 (V2.5-13 is our latest release) which is based on the LTS branch of the official OpenLDAP. Our LTS build requires SSL111.
OpenLDAP V2.6 (currently V2.6-3) which is based on the latest feature release of the OpenLDAP software. Requires SSL3.
- VSI OpenVMS Version 8.4-1H1 or higher
- VSI TCP/IP, HPE TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS, or MultiNet TCP/IP
- VSI SSL3 V3.0-5 or later for OpenLDAP V2.6-3 or later; VSI SSL111 V1.1-1S for OpenLDAP V2.5-13 or later
- C Compiler (if you intend to develop your own extensions)
- It is recommended that the software is installed on an ODS-5 enabled device
OpenLDAP Public License