A free and open source implementation of the Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE).
OpenJDK is licensed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) Version 2 with a linking exception such that components linked to the Java Class library are not subject to the terms of the GPL license. OpenJDK is the official reference implementation of Java SE since v.7.
- VSI OpenVMS I64 Version 8.4-2L1 with latest updates (support for earlier versions of VSI OpenVMS I64 will be provided in a future release)
- VSI TCP/IP, HPE TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS, or the Process Software MultiNet TCP/IP stack for network communication
- The software must be installed on an ODS-5-enabled file system (the software cannot be installed on an ODS-2 file system)
- DECWindows Motif V1.5 or higher (note that this is required even if you are not using the Java AWT, as functionality provided by the Motif libraries is used for some non-AWT functions)
- The OpenVMS internationalization data kit (VMSI18N) must be installed in order to use the Java debugger, jdb
- Kernel support for Thread Manager upcalls must be enabled (do not disable Thread Manager upcalls using either the image flags or the MULTITHREAD system parameter)
- VMS842L1I_UPDATE-V0100 (download ZIPEXE, ZIPEXE_VNC, release notes)
- VMS842L1I_DPML-V0100 (download ZIPEXE, ZIPEXE_VNC, release notes)
- VMS842L1I_RTL-V0200 (download ZIPEXE, ZIPEXE_VNC, release notes)