An open source application framework to farm out work to other machines or processes that are better suited to perform the work in question.
Gearman facilitates doing work in in parallel, load balancing of processing, and calling of functions between languages. The current release of Gearman for OpenVMS is based on the Gearman 1.1.17 distribution. It includes all standard functionality and additionally includes a language-agnostic API which simplifies writing Gearman applications using 3GL languages such as COBOL, FORTRAN, and Pascal.
Gearman offers the following features:
- Supports C/C++, Perl, Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, .NET, and other languages.
- Wide variety of applications: high-availability web sites, transport of database replication events, etc.
- Highly flexible, scalable, fast, and fault-tolerant.
- Persistence (various storage options).
- Natural load distribution: load balance large numbers of calls, easy to scale out.
- Straightforward to introduce into existing and potentially heterogeneous application environments to facilitate distributed or parallel processing tasks.
|1.1-17 (Beta)||1.1-17 (Beta)|