VSI COBOL for OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS Integrity is a high-level language for business data processing that operates on the OpenVMS Operating System. VSI COBOL is based upon the 1985 ANSI COBOL Standard X3.23-1985 as modified by the X.23a-1989 amendment.
VSI COBOL for OpenVMS Alpha and I64 includes the following functionality and documentation:
- Run-time currency sign handling compatible with the draft ANSI-2002 standard
- Enhanced support for extended (>65,535 bytes) alphanumerics
- Enhanced support for RMS Journaling
- Run-time performance improvements with the reenabling of decimal shadowing
- Unified documentation set for VSI COBOL on Alpha and I64
- OpenVMS for Integrity V8.4-2 or higher
- OpenVMS for Alpha V8.4-2 or higher
Integrity: per concurrent use.