Apache AXIS2 is the core engine for web services. It is a complete redesign and rewrite of the previously used Apache AXIS SOAP stack.
Based on the 1.7.3 release from the Apache Software Foundation, it includes a prebuilt Java servlet which can be deployed within an application server such as Tomcat.
- Speed (faster than earlier versions of Apache AXIS)
- Low memory footprint
- AXIOM object model
- Hot deployment
- Asynchronous web services
- MEP (Message Exchange Partners) support
- Component-oriented deployment
- Transport Framework
- WSDL (Web Service Description Language) support
- Composability and Extensibility