VMS Software Releases a New Version of VMS IDE
A new 1.5.14 version of the VMS IDE extension to Visual Studio Code has been released by VMS Software Inc. This release includes quite a significant number of enhancements plus support for embedded SQL with COBOL, Fortran, and Pascal.
VMS IDE allows you to develop code for OpenVMS systems on Windows, Mac, and some Linux, using free Microsoft Visual Studio Code software. It offers:
- Source code synchronization between the local machine and OpenVMS system
- A debugger for OpenVMS and JVM projects
- SSH connection setup to the remote OpenVMS system
- Syntax highlighting for MMS, CLD, MSG, and 3GL languages
- Currently supported languages C/C++, Fortran, COBOL, Pascal, BASIC, BLISS (sort of), Java, and Python 3.x
VMS IDE will work with Alpha, Integrity, and x86, HPE and VSI versions of OpenVMS. It works with VSCodium and other Visual Studio Code variants.
Download VMS IDE here.