TCP/IP Services is an implementation of the TCP/IP protocol stack for OpenVMS.
TCP/IP Services is a network protocol stack for OpenVMS that enables connected OpenVMS hosts to communicate and share resources with any systems that support the TCP/IP protocol suite. It consists of a number of components that implement various TCP/IP protocols:
- Remote computing utilities: FINGER, RCP, RLOGIN,RMT/RCD, RSH, RSH/PASSWORD, TELNET
- File transfer utilities: FTP, TFTP, LPD/LPR, NFS, TELNETSYM
- Mail utilities: IMAP, POP, SMTP
- Programming utilities: MIBCOMP, RPCGEN
- Network services: BIND, BOOTP, DHCP, NSLOOKUP, NTP, PPP, SLIP, CSLIP, SNMP, TCPDUMP, TCPTRACE and others.
TCP/IP Services provides two sets of management commands, VMS-style and UNIX-style.
Note that the SSH suite of tools is provided as a separate product (OpenSSH for VSI OpenVMS) that works with TCP/IP Services.