An OpenVMS implementation of Apache Maven, a software project management and comprehension tool.
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model, Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information. It can be used for building and managing any Java-based project.
Maven's features include:
- Simple project setup
- Consistent usage across all projects
- Dependency management: automatic updating, dependency closures
- Able to easily work with multiple projects at the same time
- A large and growing repository of libraries and metadata to use out of the box, and arrangements in place with the largest Open Source projects for real-time availability of their latest releases
- Ability to easily write plugins in Java or scripting languages
- Instant access to new features with little or no extra configuration
- Ant tasks for dependency management and deployment outside of Maven
- Model based builds
- Coherent storage of project information
- Release management and distribution publication