Provides "simple bind" authentication during login using an LDAP-compliant directory server.
The ACME LDAP agent for VSI OpenVMS combines the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) with the VSI OpenVMS Authentication and Credentials Management Extension (ACME) authentication mechanism to provide a solution that allows VSI OpenVMS customers to manage user accounts in a centralized directory. In this authentication method, users enter their LDAP entry name and password.
An LDAP attribute is configured, which is used to match the entered username to the relevant OpenVMS credentials so that authentication can take place.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) LDAP communication is supported to prevent clear-text passwords from being exposed over the network.
- VSI OpenVMS Version 8.4-2L1 or higher
- VSI TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS, HPE TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS, or MultiNet TCP/IP
- The SYS$ACM-enabled (ACMELOGIN) LOGINOUT.EXE and SETP0.EXE images must be installed
- VSI OpenLDAP 2.4.53 or later
- VSI SSL111 1.1.1g or later
- SSL/TLS support is dynamically linked into OpenLDAP for OpenVMS and requires
- OpenSSL 1.1.1g or later to be installed.
No license required