VMS Software Inc. Acquires All OpenVMS Support Business from Hewlett Packard Enterprise
As part of its exiting the OpenVMS market, Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE) has sold the rights to all its support contract renewals to VMS Software, Inc. (VSI). Both HPE OpenVMS (V8.4 and earlier) and VSI OpenVMS (V8.4-1h1 and higher) contract renewals were sold to VMS Software. When combined with news earlier this year that Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) had stopped selling all new VMS Software upgraded license products and new VMS Software support contracts, this means that Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has divested the controlling rights of the OpenVMS operating system solely to VMS Software.
OpenVMS customers who have support contracts through VMS Software will experience no changes. For those OpenVMS customers who currently have support contracts through Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), there will be an explanation of the simple transition process from both VMS Software, Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE).
Since Hewlett Packard Enterprise (then Hewlett Packard) announced their plans in 2013 to exit the OpenVMS Operating System, they have demonstrated a willingness to work with VMS Software to ensure a smooth transition based on customer requirements and satisfaction. As you can see from the historical information below, both companies have tried to live up to this commitment:
- 2013 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) announces that it is exiting the OpenVMS business by 2020.
- 2014 - VMS Software, Inc. (VSI) formed in 2014 under the Teracloud Corporation group of companies. VMS Software located its HQ in Bolton, MA near the original Digital Equipment Corporation Headquarters.
- 2015 - VMS Software introduces its first upgraded Integrity license product V8.4-1h1 and its 4 levels of VMS Software Support.
- 2016 - VMS Software introduces three additional Integrity licenses with VMS Software Support. Also, announces VMS Software Professional Services & OpenVMS Training.
- 2017 - VMS Software introduces two new Alpha licenses to help modernize Alpha systems. (V8.4-2L1 and V8.4-2L2 Performance Build). VMS Software announces the opening of its Malmö, Sweden facility.
- 2018 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) ends sales of older HPE OpenVMS licenses.
- 2019 - VMS Software Announces its latest roadmap for its x86 products with scheduled V9.2 production release in December 2020.
- 2019 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) discontinues all resales of VSI OpenVMS on June 30, 2019.
- 2019 - VMS Software acquires all OpenVMS Support Business from Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) on September 9, 2019.
To read the press release click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.